Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Online Courses

Did you know that Tony Bennett wants to make it mandatory for all students to take one online course prior to graduation?  I learned that Monday at my High Ability Conference. 

I'm struggling with this one.  One, I don't like things that are mandatory.  This means that I have to sort through my feelings about if I am upset because I don't like online learning or angry because someone has said it has to happen.

I'm not opposed to online learning...if it is done well.  I think I have seen too many examples of online learning not being an effective delivery of instruction that I'm hesitant to say everyone should do it.  I'm also cautious of mandating this type of learning when I don't think every student is cut out to be successful in an online environment.

We will see where this desire of Tony Bennett lands...

No comments:

Post a Comment