Monday, January 28, 2013

Award Winning Books...

I attribute my love of reading (all types of books!) to my Mom and Dad.  They both love to read (and can still be caught with a great book in hand and a big smile on their faces), modeled reading to me as a child, and made it a priority to take me to the library regularly to check out arm-fulls of books.

Some of my favorite books were books that won the Caldecott or the Newbery book awards.  The American Library Association today released the 2013 award winners--and you may want to check them out!  Also, if you have not yet read these books with your children, now is the time to look at the list, head to the library--and share the job of reading a great book together.  Help your child learn to love to read for a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment