Friday, January 25, 2013

Is Your Glass Half Empty or Half Full?

Lately I've been noticing more and more how many view life through the mindset of the glass being half full.  While that one Facebook post that takes a negative view of whatever happened that day might just signal a bad day--perhaps it is bigger than that and speaks to who we are becoming as a society.

I know from personal experience that when I get into that rut of negativity it seems like everything around me seems to be bad.  The funny thing is that usually it's not that bad--it's just how I'm choosing to view it!  Thankfully for one reason or another I've been able to reset and refocus my perception which allows me to move in a more positive direction.

But what if society doesn't reset the way it thinks?  What if taking a negative view of everything becomes our new normal?

I, for one, do not want to see that happen.  I'm not sure what that means for you--but for the next month I'm going to make a conscious effort (and plan to make this a forever habit) to try to stop myself in my tracks when I start to allow negativity to control my thoughts.

I'm choosing now that this negative speech and thought is not who I want to be.  I don't want to tear down--I want to build up and encourage.  Perhaps I'm just one person--or perhaps you will join me in this quest toward positive thinking and speech.  This is who I want to be--who I am--and the community in which I want to work and live!  Let's join together to make this happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment