Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Blog-days

Don't we all look forward to Fridays?  I know that after my alarm clock goes off Friday morning I know the next morning the alarm clock won't be what jolts me from sleep.  I know that I will get to do something fun Friday evening.  I know that I will probably not cook dinner (even though I do enjoy cooking!).  A change is coming in my routine--and although I'm Type A I do like to deviate from my usual day's schedule sometimes...

With that in mind, I'm going to change what I do on my blog on Fridays, too.  I'm really enjoying writing this blog, although it makes me spend lots of my free time staying current on my educational reading.  But Fridays--I want them to be different here, too!

In 2011 I completed my dissertation for my Ph.D.  Mostly I'm glad those days are over.  One thing I learned was that in most of the dissertation it was not about what I thought--it was about what other people thought.  In first drafts I had to edit many times to remove my thoughts and opinions.  For many of you that know me...I tend to have lots of those!

SO...this is my blog...and I think my Friday Blog-day routine will be to share something that I've been thinking--rather than reporting on what others have been thinking.  If nothing else it will be an interesting experiment for me--and hopefully one that you as the reader will be able to find some meaning in!

With that--I look forward to next Friday (and no alarm clock tomorrow morning)!

No comments:

Post a Comment