Monday, April 2, 2012

Hunger Games?

While yes, you may have been excited to read this post if you've been reading the Hunger Games books or recently viewed the movie--that was just the hook to draw you in!  I will admit that my favorite reading during spring break has been Hunger Games (and the books that follow) although unfortunately my posts won't be covering that material!  (although I will confess that I'm half way through the second book at the time I'm writing this post and I'm angry at the turn of events...)

The next few posts will be from some reading I've been doing over spring break.  It will cover a variety of topics--as I like to read lots of different things.

Today I'm starting off with a longer piece of research on how to instruct in literacy for the ELL student at the elementary level.  In my book--this is a must read for elementary educators.  It contains some suggestions that are worth consideration (start reading on page 19 for more information on these).

I'm a firm believer in self-reflection.  As I've been reading this I've been reflecting back on my days as a teacher--and thinking about how well I did (or didn't do) in some of these areas.  Food for thought.  Speaking of food...I'm off to find something to eat!  (confession--I often write these posts in chunks and then schedule them to post at later dates--so don't worry that I'm eating lunch at 8AM!!)

http://ies.ed.gov/ncee/wwc/pdf/practice_guides/20074011.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment