One segment I enjoyed was from the post, "The Flipped Class: Myths vs. Reality" The excerpt below is taken directly from that post (click to the website to read more!):
The Flipped Classroom is NOT:
- A synonym for online videos...
- About replacing teachers with videos
- An online course.
- Students working without structure.
- Students spending the entire class starting a the computer screen.
- Students working in isolation.
The Flipped Classroom IS:
- A means to increase interaction and personalized contact time between students and teachers.
- An environment where students take responsibility for their own learning.
- A classroom where the teacher is not the "sage on the stage" but the "guide on the side".
- A blending of direct instruction with constructivist learning.
- A classroom where students who are absent due to illness or extra-curricular activities such as athletics or field-trips, don't get left behind.
- A class where content is permanently archived for review and remediation.
- A class where all students are engaged in their learning.
- A place where all students can get a personalized education.